Rajasthan man gets a makeover after a series of operations almost 11 months after the bull attack


Karnee Bishnoi was driving home when he was attacked by a cop.

A 38-year-old man from Bikaner, Rajasthan, has been given a makeover after a series of reconstructive operations following an animal attack. An angry bull had left him with a mutilated face in September 2020. Karnee Bishnoi, who works as the operational manager of an FMCG company in the city, was in his vehicle at the time of the attack.


According to a press release from Max Saket, the hospital where he was treated, Mr Bishnoi was driving the car with the side window down and slowing his vehicle to let the cops pass on the street. At that point, one of the cops rushed up to Mr Bishnoi and attacked his face with his horns.

In the attack, Mr. Bishnoi lost his right eye and the right half of his face, including his nose, lips and scalp, was torn to shreds. “He was pulled out of the car and thrown on the street, but the cop left him alive,” the note said. His friend who was traveling with him was not injured as badly and managed to take Mr Bishnoi to a hospital along with the victim’s sister.


However, the extent of the injuries was so great that the local hospital in Bikaner was unsure what to do, the news release said. “They managed to stem the bleeding with packs and some large sutures, but expressed their helplessness to go further because they lacked the expertise.”

Upon transfer to the hospital in Saket, the surgeons were shocked to find that Mr Bishnoi had managed to stay alive despite the serious injuries. When he found that his “breathing tube was blocked with something that was his powdered brain,” the neurosurgeons and plastic surgery team were called in. The COVID-19 protocol meant surgeons had to put on full PPE for 10 hours while “laboriously joining bones, flesh and nasal pieces”. After another nine-hour operation, the team succeeded in “not only saving his life, but also restoring his face to a human shape”. Following this, Mr Bishnoi made what has been described as an “uneventful recovery” and resumed his work.

Four months later, he underwent stage two reconstruction surgery. At this point the right side of the face was “completely paralyzed with loss of smile, inability to raise the right eyebrow and forehead, and a saddled, depressed nose”. For the first time in India, “some sophisticated constructive surgical techniques” such as “frontal muscle-to-muscle neurotization” were carried out.


In July, Mr Bishnoi was able to move his right eyebrow and forehead and he was “getting better every day”. In addition, its face shape and symmetry are also good, the hospital added.

Mr Bishnoi will undergo further operations for artificial eye and scar corrections in the next few months.

Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.